1. The distribution of seats in the institution will be
Government Seats 50 Seats
Management Seats 35 Seats
NRI/ Special Management 15 Seats
Total 100 Seats
Note: Distribution of seats mentioned herein is subject to change at any time in accordance with the decision, if any, of the courts/ Govt. of India/ Govt. of Punjab/ Dental Council of India.
2. Criteria for Admission
1. Age :- A Candidate must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the admission year.
2. Should have studied during his/her 10+1 and 10+2 examination as regular candidate from recognised board . The Candidate should be required to submit a certificate to this effect from the Principal/ Head of the Insitute Last attended in the prescribed performa.
3. Qualification: – candidate must have passed the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% for persons with Loco-motors disability of lower limbs,(40% for SC/BC) taken together in PCB.
4. Medical Fitness :- The Candidate should be Medically fit, declared by our medical board.
5. (a) The Candidate should be bonafide resident of Punjab. The Resident Status of Punjab State, will be taken in terms of Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (PP II Branch) Letter No. 1/395- 3PP 11/9619 dated 6th June 1996, ID No. Letter No. 1/2/96-3PP-2/8976, dated 7th July 1998 and ID No. Letter No. 1/3/95-3PP 11/81 dated: 1st January 1999 and further instructions issued by the Department, if any, and the same shall be adhered .
(b) In case, adequate number of candidates are not available for BDS course, candidates who ars not resident of Punjab shall also be considered.
6. Selection of Candidates :- Selection of Candidates from amongst those who have applied for admission will be on the basis of merit in NEET 2017.
3. Government Quota Seats
The Government seats will be filled by the Admissions Committee appointed by the government on the Basis of marks in NEET 2017 result and merit list.
4. Management Quota Seats
These seats shall be filled on basis of NEET-2017. Government quota seats remaining vacant will be transferred to Management quota and vice-versa.
5. Special Management Seats (NRI category)
There are fifteen (15) seats under NRI category earmarked for Non Resident Indians in the following order :-
Category 1 :- NRI’s who originally belong to the state of Punjab.
Category 2 :- NRI’s who originally belong to an Indian state other than Punjab.
a) Admission will be based on marks obtained in PMET-2015 or inter se merit in the qualifying exam (10+2).
b) The eligibility of the candidates will be determined by the BFUHS, who will issue an eligibility certificate to each such candidate.
c) The centralized counseling of NRI quota seats will be held before the counseling of other categories. In case of any seat remaining vacant under NRI quota, shall go to General category of management quota.
6. Fee Structure a) Govt. Seats
A. Tuition Fee will be charged as per Punjab Government Notification No. 5/3/2010 3HBIII/5153 dated: 20/07/2010. And Order of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India as revised from time to time.
B. Management Seats: tuition Fee will be charged as per Punjab Government notification No. 5/3/2010-3hbIII/5153 dated: 20/07/2010. And order of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India as revised from time to time.
C. NRI Seats: Tuition Fee of $ 44,000/- for the whole academic course (US dollars or equivalent in Indian Rupees) fee structure and securities are Liable to change as per government notifications from time to time.
D. Security and other charges if any will be notified later at the time of admission.
7. HOSTEL & MESS CHARGES
- Separate boys and Girls hostel rooms available both AC & Non ac with attached washrooms.
- Hygienic mess facilities
- A Cafeteria on the Campus.
8. Facilities in Dental College
- Fully Functional dental Departments with Separate OPDs providing best dental treatments.
- Modern air Conditioned Lecture Theaters with Multimedia Facilities.
- Well equipped dental van providing Oral health cares services at doorstep
- All the Health Care Services are Provided at Nominal Rates.
- Satellite Clinics.
- Well Equipped Library, separate Section of E- books.
- High Speed internet Facilities, WiFi campus with 40 Mbps Lease Line.
- Transportation for Students & Staff Community from Tricity.