Open BDS Admissions in Punjab - Bachelor Dental Surgery
BDS Admission in Punjab – Dentistry is the part of medicine which deals with all kinds of mouth related diseases. Dental Surgery includes teeth, gums, hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity. Today, dentistry is not restricted to treating tooth decays. Its increasing manifolds as people are becoming more aware of their overall appearance. Dentists have to use variety of cosmetic dental procedures to improve a person’s appearance. In India, BDS Course in Punjab (dentistry) has become a preferred career choice for many students.
Bachelor Dental Surgery Scope
The introduction of new fields like periodontics (care of gums and the diseases that might afflict them), oral pathology (diagnosis for diseases that affect the mouth) and orthodontics (straightening and aligning teeth and jaws) have all enhanced the scope of BDS course. These days, dentists perform surgery using variety of techniques and procedures such as computers and magnetic resonance imaging. The dentists also have to educate patients about oral hygiene and ways to preserve a healthy mouth.
Therefore the demand for dentists is increasing world wide. If you like performing surgeries related to mouth and handling the injuries related to mouth then bachelor in dental surgery is a very interesting field. The size of India’s dental market is vast and India is slated to become one of the largest single country markets for overseas dental products and materials. The huge size of India’s populace and the sustained rapid economic growth the country is experiencing continues to create huge demand for better health care.
Skills Required For BDS Course
A dentist should also develop qualities like
1.Deep knowledge of the field.
2.Good diagnosing ability.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery Ist year
1) General Human Anatomy including EmbI. General Human Anatomy including Embryology ,osteology & Histology
2) General Human Physiology
4) Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology
5) Dental Materials
6) Pre clinical Prosthodontics
Bachelor of Dental Surgery 2nd year
1) General Pathology & Microbiology
2) Pre clinical Conservative Dentistry
3) Pre clinical Prosthodontics
5) Dental Material
Bachelor of Dental Surgery 3rd year
1) General Medicine
2) General Surgery
3) Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
4) Community Dentistry NOTE: Commencement of Clinicals
Bachelor of Dental Surgery 4th year
1) Oral Medicine and Radiology
2) Orthodontics & dentofacial orthopaedics
3) Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry
5) Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
6) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
A.Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge During 5th year (1year Compulsory Rotatory at the time of admission.)